The CRDA focuses on leveraging our region’s physical and intellectual assets to compete globally and build regional prosperity. Our goals are to strengthen regional employment, build our base of high-value industries, and significantly improve the economic future of all who live and work in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester counties.
- Engage top-tier business leadership to drive the CRDA's agenda for a more prosperous, forward-thinking, globally competitive region.
- Globally position the region to attract high-value / high-tech jobs and talent, entrepreneurs and capital investment.
- Accelerate inbound investment and help to facilitate local business expansions, especially among companies in the region's existing and emerging high-value industry clusters.
- Aggressively leverage our region's physical and intellectual assets to drive a sustainable, regional economic development strategy.
The CRDA is implementing six core strategies designed to address our four overarching priorities.
- Attract competitive business investment & high-value jobs based on fit within existing assets, existing and emerging high-value industry clusters, and ability to strengthen the regional economy.
- Position the region both nationally and internationally as a premier location for business and talent.
- Develop a robust market/business intelligence capability to 1) strategically enhance business development efforts; 2) support a regional cluster growth strategy (including business retention & expansion support); and 3) strategically inform and guide regional competitiveness efforts.
- In conjunction with other partner organizations, serve as a convener and collaborator for talent and workforce strategies, including talent retention and attraction.
- Provide new opportunities for leadership and engagement to drive a sustainable, regional economic development strategy.
- Involve emerging leaders in substantive ways, leveraging their talents and passion for a stronger, more prosperous region.