February 12, 2019
By Karen Davison
I recently represented CRDA and the state of South Carolina as a member of the SC delegation for 2019 Arab Health, a medical device tradeshow drawing 4,000+ exhibitors and 84,000+ healthcare and trade professionals from 160+ countries. The tradeshow takes place in Dubai and is the largest of its kind in the MENA region.
During our week-long trip to the City of Gold, the SC delegation met with 40+ companies. Each meeting offered us 30 minutes to pitch the advantages of choosing South Carolina as their next business location.
So, what are the advantages of locating a life sciences firm in Charleston | South Carolina | USA?
- Home to 75+ life sciences firms – Life Sciences is the fastest growing sector in the state
- Prime Location – We are strategically located halfway between Miami and New York, on the east coast and home to the deepest and most productive port in the south Atlantic
- We love doing business with Foreign companies – SC #1 state for Foreign Direct Investment in the Nation
- Support for companies of all sizes – our Landing Pad Program is designed for companies looking to test entry into the U.S. market
- Robust research and industry support groups – Medical University of South Carolina (“MUSC”), MUSC Foundation for Research Development, Roper St. Francis, SCBIO, Zucker Institute for Applied Neurosciences
- A fantastic quality of life in a community rated the “Best in the U.S.” by travel magazines, Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure for six years in a row
Want to learn more about the competitive advantages Charleston offers for business and talent? Please visit us at charlestoneconomicdevelopment.com and contact me directly.
Email: [email protected]